The Area Agency on Aging will complete a functional assessment to determine if the consumer requires placement or in home service. Assessments consist of all activities from the point of intake on to determine the appropriate response for the consumer. An assessment includes:
- Functional Needs Assessment
- Obtaining needed medical information as deemed appropriate
- Obtaining other information that is deemed appropriate
- Referral of consumer to an appropriate service system or Care Management Unit
- PASRR assessment as needed
Once the assessment is completed, the applicant may be eligible for the following:
- Services offered by the Area Agency on Aging.
- Supplement Security Income (SSI) if the consumer is applying for placement in an approved/licensed personal care home or dom home.
- Medical Assistance for Nursing Facilities (including those people who are currently eligible for Medical Assistance and are applying for Nursing Facilities placement, Nursing Facilities residents who are admitted as private pay and are applying for Medical Assistance coverage, consumers who apply for Nursing Facilities who become eligible for some Medical Assistance reimbursement immediately upon entering the Nursing Facility, and all OBRA targeted individuals entering a Medical Assistance certified Nursing Facility).
- Services from the Department of Human Services under Age 60 Waiver Program